June 4, 2018

Au Naturel

Given my recent jump into safer skincare and cosmetics I've gotten a lot of questions about "natural" deodorant. Unfortunately, Beautycounter doesn't sell one (yet...hopefully they are working on it), but there are a number of great options out there. I thought I would share a few that I've heard good things about.

I am currently using Tom's of Maine, which I purchased at Trader Joe's.
Long Lasting Deodorant

When I'm ready to purchase a new one, here are some of the brands that have been recommended to me. I am looking forward to trying something new, and then after I can give you a true product comparison. 

Primally Pure- It comes in a variety of scents including: lemongrass, lavender, geranium and tea tree and unscented. 
Image result for primally pure deodorant

Ursa Major-I've blogged about the Ursa Major products before (here) as my husband is a big fan. 
Ursa Major Hoppin' Fresh Deodorant

LaVanila- I've actually used this brand before but somehow made the mistake of buying one that was vanilla scented, and I couldn't stand it. I will definitely try the unscented though, as I liked the application and the overall feel of it. 
LaVanilla Unscented Deodorant

Clean Pits Company- I especially like the name of this one, but am not so sure about the method of application from the jar to my pits. However, it is in a glass jar, which is recyclable and much more earth friendly compared to the others in plastic containers. For that reason it might be at the top of my list for the next one I will try. 

Lavender

Type A- This one comes recommended from a few different sources, including Lindsay Dahl who has tested it and says it passed with flying colors.
Image result for type a deodorant

Native- This is Katie's favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment