January 11, 2016

Golden Globes Red Carpet Recap

It's the official start of awards season, which means C & C is ready to be our most judgmental fashion police selves. There was a lot going on in terms of trends on last night's red carpet - vibrant coral reds, sequins and lace, to name a few. So let's get right to it...here are my best and worst dressed from last night's Golden Globes.

Let's start with the worst...I'm sorry, but just because you're in Alexander McQueen doesn't mean you can wear a dirty dish rag that was shredded by your washing machine..

Rooney Mara in Alexander McQueen
Amanda Peet in Alexander McQueen

Apparently Cate Blanchett and this other woman, who I had to google, took "evening wear" to heart. Cate, I expect so much more from you. And Catriona, I'm pretty sure my Barbie had that nightgown in the 80s.

Cate Blanchett In Givenchy
Caitriona Balfe

And then Eva Longoria did this...I love a properly placed bow, but these aren't that...and then she decided to bedazzle her hips. Caray!

Eva Longoria
 
Kate Hudson has a rocking body...but this was all wrong. If you watched the red carpet you would have seen that the three pieces are actually connected in the back...but that didn't do anything for the dress' ability to stay on her tiny self. She was pulling it up throughout her interview and the neck piece reminded me of the top of a figure skating outfit. You could easily lose a guy in ten days wearing this.

Kate Hudson in Michael Kors
 
Okay, enough with the criticism....on to my favorite looks of the night. You know we small-chested girls here at C & C love a good deep V....and this year's red carpet didn't disappoint.  This dress may be my most favorite of the entire night. I've never seen anything like it...and it has pockets!
 
Jaimie Alexander in Genny
Zendaya

Saoirse Ronan in Yves Saint Laurent

Jenna Dewan Tatum in Zuhair Murad

While this dress isn't particularly unique, you can never go wrong with Zac Posen. She looked absolutely stunning and I would wear this dress on a red carpet any day. Stunning.


Gina Rodriguez in Zac Posen

Let's end with Jennifer Lopez. I love her. I can't help it. And while I'm not a huge fan of this color (in fact it was the horrid color of our powder room before it was saved by wallpaper), she kind of killed it. A far cry from her usual sheer numbers, this was sexy in all the right ways without being revealing one bit...except a little leg. And if I had those legs I'd wear mini skirts EVERY. DAMN. DAY.
 
Jennifer Lopez in Giambattista Valli
What were your hits and misses from the night? 

No comments:

Post a Comment