August 24, 2015

Carry-On Like a Boss

If you haven't noticed, I travel a good bit. Both for work and play. I've shared some of my travel must-haves before (here) but recently had a travel emergency! My carry-on suitcase broke. #fail  After perusing the endless replacement options I landed on the Travelpro Crew 10 21" Expandable Spinner in navy (my favorite color). 


I took this baby on its first ride last week to New England. A true test of a good carry-on suitcase is if you can travel out of it for a week. And, I'm happy to report, I did! Here's what I was able to fit inside - 3 pairs of pants, 5 tops, 1 skirt, 1 blazer, 2 dresses, 1 pair of tennis shoes, 1 pair of sandals, 1 pair of heals, 1 set of workout clothes, pajamas, toiletries (two separate bags), a jewelry bag, underwear and socks, magazines, my Surface, straightening iron, and a computer charger. And that was all without expanding the bag! I really liked using the detachable garment bag, as it made the suitcase more organized. And since I was in four hotels in five nights, I wasn't up for packing and repacking at each stop. 


It fit perfectly into the overhead of a regional jet and the spinner wheels were awesome. My last suitcase had spinners, but this one rolls with such ease - you have to make sure it doesn't roll away from you! My only complaint is that fully loaded it tipped forward a few times, but that's not a huge deal. Here's a video tour of the suitcase if you're in the market. At $200 it's not inexpensive, but I'm pretty sure I should have this one for a while. I understand why many airline crew members choose this suitcase. 


It's important to have legit luggage so you can travel #likeaboss. This week Seattle, next week Rome. Travel on! 


4 comments:

  1. how do you get a week's worth of toiletries (make up, contact solution, hairspray, shampoo etc) in a carry on? That's what prevents me from doing the carry on thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you get the pretty luggage tag? Is it Tumi?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I'm not sure. A friend gave it to me as a gift. Sorry I can't be of more help!

      Delete
  3. Great article! Thanks for sharing I have used Travel Must-Haves and I must say, they are a great relief when outdoors.

    ReplyDelete