April 22, 2015

Diving into the One-Piece Deep End

Last spring I blogged about one-piece swimsuits. Other than a Speedo for lap swimming, I don't own a one-piece. It's been on my mind for a while - there are so many cute ones out there - but I just hadn't tested the waters (get it?). Until now. A friend recently posted a pic of her in this J. Crew suit on instagram. 


The suit looked great on her and is super figure flattering, so I figured it might work for me too. And it did! For me, the low back is what sealed the deal. I'll definitely be rotating this in with my two-pieces this summer. 


The pattern also comes in a two-piece if you're not ready to dive into the one-piece deep end. 

Kaleidoscope ring halter bikini

I also ordered these two suits and they did NOTHING for me. The full back just made me look wide everywhere. 

Gingham seersucker v-halter
This suit had the same back coverage issue, but also had the smallest top...and I'm not even in need of much in that area, so that says something. 

Just with clothing, it's important to find what fits and flatters your body best and stick with it. And sorry friends, but it probably means you're probably going to have to kiss a lot of frogs before you get your bathing suit prince.



No comments:

Post a Comment