January 14, 2015

Products We Love

We received a Christmas "care package" as a gift from some of our friends before taking off for Sun Valley. One of the items in our gift basket was a box of pancake mix. I didn't think much of it until one day after a hard training session of XC skiing when we decided pancakes would be the perfect way to refuel. So, we tried it...and I was blown away. It was the best pancake mix I had EVER tasted, and they were easily some of my top 3 pancakes ever. And that's saying a lot because I am very particular about my pancakes.

So what pancake mix am I speaking of? Let me introduce you to Kodiak Cakes!


This is a family owned and run company in Park City, UT, and not only do they make flapjack and waffle mixes but other products including brownie mix, granola, oatmeal syrups and other products. Apparently they were on Shark Tank and didn't get picked up. Clearly that hasn't stopped them from having great success as you can find their products at Costco, Target, Amazon and in lots of grocery stores. 

Back to these tasty cakes, we first tried the Buttermilk and Honey flapjack and waffle mix, and as I said, they are SO good! The box was quickly consumed in just a matter of days. It was a huge bummer that we had to wait to get back to Portland in order to restock my shelves with this great stuff. Over the weekend my order of 6 boxes of the Whole Wheat Oat and Honey mix arrived on my doorstep, and by the time you read this, I'm sure one of the boxes will have already been opened. When I find things this good, I buy in bulk! 


I highly recommend you give them a try! You won't be sorry! You can even get them on Amazon Prime

No comments:

Post a Comment