November 19, 2014

Keeping it Real...and Safe

For those of you with children...especially those who live in cool/cold climates, I encourage you to read this post and watch the videos. You won't be sorry.

I try to keep the kid related content to a minimum here on C&C, but this is something I feel is very important to share. I am a bit neurotic when it comes to car seat safety. You see, when the Mini Fashionista was just 7 weeks old, we were in a very serious car accident. A woman ran a red light, t-boned our car which proceeded to roll...and roll...and roll...all the way back to four wheels.

Fortunately the Mini and my husband were not hurt. I unfortunately suffered two fractured vertebrae (compression fractures) in my spine. While the injury still bothers me over three years later, I am so thankful that none of us were hurt more severely. It could have been far, far worse.

Anyway....my car seat neuroses are therefore totally warranted. So here is what I want to share with you. The five point harness is the safest way to buckle your child into your car. However, in the winter we layer our kids in coats and sweaters and that can prevent the five point harness from doing it's job.

So today I am sharing with you (thanks to these videos), how you can safely buckle your child in their car seat while still wearing a coat. I encourage you to watch both videos.

1 comment:

  1. That is an inspiring show of commitment for the well being of kids. Car safety is most definitely paramount. It is an important bit of knowledge that both passengers and drivers must learn. However, beyond safety, their rights must also be emphasized as well. Among those is the right for safe travel, which is often infringed upon either by inexperienced, reckless drivers, or by faulty road signage. Thanks for sharing that! All the best to you!

    Sabrina Craig @ Medical Attorney NY

    ReplyDelete