March 26, 2014

Keeping it Real

We spent last week in Mexico which meant a lot of time in a bathing suit. This was one of my favorite bathing suit activities of the week!



When I went to watch the video, my first comment was "nice thigh cheese" (thanks Katie K. for the lingo). I am guessing you didn't notice it...so here's a closer look (yes, kind of hard to see, but it's there).


I'm sure you are wondering why I am posting this? I promise, I'll get to my point.

On the airplane home I found this picture of Cameron Diaz in In Touch magazine, and what did I notice? Girl's got some thigh cheese too, and a little butt cheese...just like the rest of us. Let's face it...EVERYONE has cellulite! Remember this post? Even profesional runners have it!


Don't get me wrong, she has a banging body (yes, I just said that), but it's not perfect. Look at the differences between the picture above and these pictures.



It's miraculous, not an ounce of thigh cheese in sight! Two words...Air Brushing!

So, next time you find yourself being hyper critical of your body and the way it looks because it's not all smooth and pretty like the pictures you see in magazines, remember that bodies do not look like this in real life.  I should spend more time focusing on the great memories I made and less time worrying about how I looked while making them...thigh cheese and all.

And stay tuned for a C&C on the Move Mexico vacation recap on Friday!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing! We all need this reminder sometimes

    ReplyDelete