February 13, 2014

C&C Around the House

While Katie has shared with you photos of her beautiful home, I haven't opened my house to all of our C&C readers since I shared photos of the Mini Fashionista's room nearly 3 years ago (post here). It's not that I wouldn't welcome each and every one of you into my home... it's just that it's nothing that fantastic. Truth be told, I have no design sense when it comes to home decor. I am, for the most part, happy with our home, but it certainly doesn't look like a feature in Elle Decor.

All that said, I have been working on our master bedroom for the past year or so. Slowly we have painted a wall, gotten a new rug, lamp and pillow shams and finally, just this week finished a picture wall that has been over a year in the making.

So, since I am pretty happy (and proud) of the results, especially given my lack of decorating skills, I thought I would share it with all of you. Forgive the poor light and bad picture quality...

Welcome to our bedroom.

Rug, light fixture, pillow shams and lamp from School House Electric. Bedding from Dwell Studio

All of the frames, the mirror and the gold "urchins" came from a fantastic store here in Portland called Christopher David.


I purchased a print of Italy (bottom right) from Christopher David and liked the frame so much that I was able to order the same custom sized frames for all the other art and photos I had for the wall. Their prices are extremely reasonable, they are friendly and helpful and they also have an amazing coffee shop in the store, so I can drink my latte, eat a croissant and shop all at the same time!

I am excited to be able to change out the photos (in 3 of the frames) to keep the wall "current". 


If you are curious about the pillow shams and lamp, they came from one of my all time favorite  Portland stores called School House Electric. The print on them was designed by another Portland company called Egg Press and created in collaboration with School House.


Stay tuned in the coming months for an updated tour of the Mini Fashionista's room. She is getting a "big girl" bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment