October 23, 2013

What I Wore: A Little Leather Goes a Long Way

One of this season's biggest trends is leather. And I'm definitely embracing it - both real and faux. Let's start with the faux since you know we love a good splurge vs. save at Cardigans & Couture. 

ASOS Body-Concious Dress with Leather Look Panels and Short Sleeves

I'm a huge ASOS fan. With free shipping and returns, I usually order several pieces, knowing that I'm going to send many of them back. There was no way this dress was getting returned. I ordered one size up since it's really fitted, and I love it. The faux leather feels and looks much more luxurious than the price. 


While faux is good, sometimes you need the real thing. And when it comes to leather, it's definitely worth the investment if you know it can stand the test of time. Which leads me to this.

Trina Turk Alfred Jacket

Thank you Trina Turk for making the perfect blazer with buttery leather sleeves. Whether for work with a skirt or dress, or on the weekends with jeans, this jacket is a wardrobe staple. I also picked up the Mandahl Dress (now on sale) which is the perfect sheath dress to pair with my new jacket (excuse the bad photo). 


Are you bringing leather into your wardrobe this season? Here are a few ASOS and Trina Turk pieces I'd recommend if it's on the table.

Trina Turk Gelsey Dress
Trina Turk Stovepipe Pant
ASOS Sweat Dress with Faux Leather
ASOS Vesper Dress with Faux Leather Waist Detail
ASOS Pencil Dress with Leather Look Panels
ASOS Mango Leather Look Legging

No comments:

Post a Comment