September 23, 2013

Red Carpet Rundown

My guess is not many of you watched the Emmy Awards last night. Maybe you are like me and never really watch the award shows. For me it's really all about the Red Carpet, so the pre-show and Fashion Police the following day are all I need to see.

I returned home from my birthday dinner last night (Katie and I turned the big 33 yesterday) and hopped on the computer to see the Emmy Red Carpet fashion.

One word. Underwhelmed. There were only a few gowns that caught my attention, and nothing really wowed me. I'll start with the good since it's such a short list.

Allison Williams in Ralph Lauren. I Love the color of this dress.

Claire Danes in Armani Prive. Love the red lip against the pale skin and dress.

Sophia Vergara in Vera Wang. She may wear the same style at every awards show, but wouldn't you if you looked this good? Va Va Va Voom!

Rose Byrne in Calvin Klein. Her makeup is flawless, as is the fit of this dress.

Kiernan Shipka in Delpozo. While not my favorite dress, she looks cute and totally age appropriate.

And now for the bad. My impression of many of these gowns is that they are outdated, over bedazzled and/or ill fitting.

Connie Britton in Naeem Khan. This dress is just ugly. PERIOD.

Zosia Mamet in Honor. There are no words.


Heidi Klum in Versace. She lost her neck and her waistline in this dress. Maybe Seal got them in the divorce.

Jessica Pare in Oscar de la Renta. You know I LOVE Oscar, but the front of the dress is too short and the top is frumpy. Lose the bow and it might be tolerable.

Tina Fey. The top is beautiful, and the shape is great on her body, but the front of the dress doesn't lay flat, and that just ruins it for me.


Zooey Deschanel in J. Mendel mixed a bridesmaid dress with her prom dress and this is what she came up with. Blah.

No comments:

Post a Comment