August 22, 2013

C & C in the Kitchen

One of the best parts about having a home is dinner parties. Good company, homemade food, and adult beverages always making for a winning combination. Last weekend we had some friends over and it was so fun...maybe a little too much fun (at least Sunday morning).


I'm not a huge fan of cooking during the week. But entertaining is the best excuse to try out new recipes and spend the time I don't normally have. For me it's about trying a few new things, but also breaking out my "old reliables" so I don't get too stressed and spend the entire day in the kitchen. Here's what was on the menu. 


A friend of mine's sister is a farmer (the most adorable farmer you've ever seen). Her awesome blog, Dishing up the Dirt has some incredible recipes (Did I mention she's featured in this month's Self magazine). For an appetizer I tried the butternut squash and sage pesto pizza with balsamic glaze. I couldn't find fresh sage at the grocery store (no garden here) so I used basil in its place. I can't wait to try some of her other pizza recipes. 


Put goat cheese, artichokes, a little olive, and cherry tomatoes in the oven for 20 minutes on 350 and you've got this incredible dip. It's so easy and a real crowd pleaser. 


For the main course soy marinated flank steak was the go-to. I marinated the meat the night before giving it extra flavor. Add corn on the cob and peach and heirloom tomato salad (blogged about here) and it was the perfect meal for an incredibly mild August night. 


And last, but not least, this flourless chocolate cake is one of my favorites. Not only is it ridiculously good, it's super easy. I paired it with creme fraiche ice cream - because obviously you can't have cake without ice cream!

Happy dining! 



No comments:

Post a Comment