June 26, 2013

C&C on the Move

As you may have read earlier this week, I spent 5 days last week in San Francisco. It was a fantastic trip filled with lots of walking and eating, and more walking and eating, and a little shopping. I covered over 40 miles on foot from Sunday to Thursday and left feeling like I needed a vacation from my vacation, but it was worth every minute of exhaustion.

We arrived into the city around 11 a.m. Sunday morning, just in time to head to the Ferry Building, one of my favorite spots in San Francisco.



We made multiple trips there during our visit, and I consumed far too many waffles and coffees from Blue Bottle. They are to die for good!


Two other not to miss spots in the Ferry Building are Boccalone (Tasty Salted Pig Parts) and Il Canne Rosso.

Monday morning, while my +1 was in meetings, I enjoyed breakfast at The Grove on Fillmore and then met up with Kate and her sweet little Josie for some consignment shopping at Cris Consignment.


Afterwards, once the +1's meetings were over, we headed down to Chestnut Street for a sandwich at Lucca Deli. This place is crazy good.


We ended the day at Tacolicious, another incredible SF eatery! I walked over 15 miles by the time we arrived back at the hotel on Monday night. Good thing because I did some serious eating as well.

Tuesday I did more solo exploring in the morning, and then we hit up Hayes Valley for lunch at Bar Jules and ice cream from Smitten Ice Cream


More walking took us through Haight-Ashbury, Golden Gate Park and back to the hotel...another 10+ miles logged. Recognize this view? 


Wednesday Morning I walked back to Fillmore for a green smoothie and Banana Bread at Jane.


And our afternoon adventure took us to Sausalito on the Ferry for wine, pizza and bocce at THE COOLEST spot, Bar Bocce. Doesn't it look relaxing?



We could not have had a better time in San Francisco. If you are planning a visit, you should definitely check out some of these spots. The city has so many cool neighborhoods, so bring your walking shoes (sneakers are advised), get out and explore!

3 comments:

  1. That was so much fun!! Happy you loved the little city by the bay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the awesome ideas for my next trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss California like crazy! I only got to spend a few hours in San Fran when I went but I definitely need to take a trip back!

    www.politicsofpretty.com

    ReplyDelete