January 3, 2013

Mexico Vacation Recap

Happy New Year C & C readers! I hope you enjoyed the holidays with your friends and family. I'm in official detox mode after a month (let's not kid ourselves, it has been a few months) of over-indulgence. Dr. B and I spent Christmas in sunny (and windy) Baja and it was a great chance to relax and spend time with family.

We saw some beautiful sunrises...


and sunsets.


Santa found his way to Mexico and filled our stockings with all sorts of goodies - including some great travel-size bath gel. What a coincidence that Santa and my parents stayed at the same hotels this year!


A few golf balls were hit...(and lost). 


We went looking for whale sharks, but the ocean was too rough and our stomachs too weak to brave the white-capped waves. 


Two nights in La Paz (the city where I lived in high school) provided the opportunity to catch up with some old friends and reacquaint myself with a wonderful city. 


And, of course, on the day we left it was calm...and raining, a rare occurrence for these sandy beaches. 


I'm hoping to get Dr. B back there in the spring so he can experience something other than Baja winter weather. I don't think the convincing will be hard...the tortillas are calling our names! Feliz ano nuevo!

No comments:

Post a Comment