July 13, 2011

Cardigan Wednesday - Cabinet Series

Meg on her wedding day February 21, 2009
It's week three of the Cabinet Series (you already met Jess and Lesley). This week, meet Meg, also known as Pearl. I won't go into the long and involved story of how she got her nickname, but don't you think it fits her. Meg was one of my very first friends in D.C. We met at my first job and were fast friends. I frankly don't know what I would do without her in my life. She's the kind of person that will drive you to the airport at 4:30 in the morning (she's really done that), drop everything to go to dinner because you've had the worst day ever (sushi anyone?), and talk you off the ledge when life's drama-factor is at code red.

Meg is a powerhouse. She's the first one of us to have a baby (little H is the cutest at 8 months old), and somehow between being an awesome mom and a VP at her firm, she still finds time to be an amazing friend. With all that she has going on, Meg needs a simple and stylish look for her on-the-go lifestyle. If I had to pick one word to describe her style it would be conservative. With her super petite frame (I'm convinced she has hollow legs), she needs simple silhouettes that are well-tailored. Because she's always in very important meetings, and the Duchess of Cambridge has brought them back, I thought I'd accessorize her outfit with some stockings. :-) If that's not classically conservative, I don't know what is.

Meg

Dorothy Perkins bodycon dress
£38 - dorothyperkins.com

J crew cardigan
$158 - jcrew.com

Wolford
$52 - saksfifthavenue.com

Stuart Weitzman black heels
$165 - bluefly.com

Michael Kors calfskin wallet
$795 - neimanmarcus.com

Hermes bracelet
$520 - usa.hermes.com

Fallon south sea pearl necklace
$265 - barneys.com

Andrea Fohrman diamond jewelry
$2,060 - ylang23.com

3 comments:

  1. MEGGGGGGIE. this is my favorite cabinet member. nailed it! :) ~Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done- perfect for Meg!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable post! Classic American style for a classy American woman.

    ReplyDelete